James C. Douglass with wife Cynthia, c. 1911
J. C. Douglass
Mr. Douglass is a well-known and highly respected citizen who has for over 20 years conducted an express and transfer business, not only with profit to himself but with acceptance and satisfaction to his patrons. He has a bus and baggage wagon to and from all trains, is a dealer in Mitchell coal, has all kinds of sand for sale and has his premises at No. 133 So. College avenue.
Mr. Douglass is an honest and industrious man who is ever disposed to aid and further all movements having for their object the prosperity of the city.
The building trade in Fort Collins has more especially during the past two years been lively, and naturally has caused a demand for reliable and enterprising contractors and builders. Hence about a year ago attracted hither from Colorado Springs, there came four brothers, capable and experienced in the building trade, and started business under the firm name of Hess Brothers. Their office is at 251 Linden street. The firm has met with the most encouraging support and success and have clearly demonstrated that its members have to be reckoned with in any contract work in their line. They have had a very fair share of the work in their line since starting and finished contracts for numerous houses during 1904, and at present among others they have the contract for building the new Courier building.
The Hess Brothers are hardworking and energetic tradesman and well deserve the support awarded them.