Skip to content  Research : Exhibits : Quick Facts : Visit Archive : Site Map : Contact Us    
Fort Collins History Connection: an online collaboration of the Fort Collins Museum & Discovery Science Center and the Poudre River Public Library District
  home : advanced search : preferences : favorites : order photographs : about : help    
 

Bank and Avery Blocks, c. 1902
Bank and Avery Blocks, c. 1902

Stein & Hedke

The development of the city and of its agricultural and other resources demanded the services of capable and reliable engineers and contractors, hence over a year ago was established in that line the firm of Stein & Hedke, whose offices are at No. 15 Avery block. The firm are civil, sanitary and mechanical engineers, undertaking surveying, designing and drafting, and making a specialty of hydralic and concrete work. They furnish estimates on all work in their line and by a straightforwardness in dealing and fulfillment of their undertakings they have already built up an extensive business connection and have obtained a very liberal share of the work done in their line. Their business is practically throughout northern Colorado and is more particularly connected with irrigating purposes. The partners of the firm are Mr. W. F. Stein and Mr. Charles R. Hedke, both comparatively young men of energy, skill and industry, who, by personal merit, have justly won the support and confidence of a large patronage.

Fort Collins Monumental and Building Works

In a review of the city's enterprises it would be difficult to find an institution more worthy of favorable comment than that of the Fort Collins Monumental and Building Works, situated at the corner of Mountain avenue and Remington street. They are manufacturers of and dealers in Colorado and Easter granite and marble monuments, and do all kinds of cemetery work, making a specialty of lettering and carving. The proprietor is Edw. L. Salladin, who was born in Utica, N. Y., 37 years ago and has been located here for over two years. Mr. Salladin is at home with this type of work; his father and grandfather having followed the same business. He perhaps has had more experience in this line, than any other man in the state of his years, and he is the only one in this business in the city. He obtains large quantities of granite from Larimer county and does business in surrounding towns, such as Loveland, Greeley, Eaton, and Windsor. His material and workmanship have deservedly a wide and high reputation and he employs numerous assistants in order to overtake his many orders. All work entrusted to this concern is carried out in a most painstaking and satisfying manner, and it speaks well for the ability, honesty and energy of the proprietor that his enterprise is marked by steady growth and success. Mr. Salladin is prominent in fraternal circles, being a member of the Elks, K. P.'s, M. B. A.'s and other lodges.
Previous Next
Home : Policy : Museum : Library : Site Map : Contact Us  
The Archive at the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, 408 Mason Court, Fort Collins, Colorado, 80524, (970) 221-6688
©Copyright 1996-2012 City of Fort Collins, Colorado

Fort Collins Museum of Discovery          Poudre River Public Library District