Skip to content  Research : Exhibits : Quick Facts : Visit Archive : Site Map : Contact Us    
Fort Collins History Connection: an online collaboration of the Fort Collins Museum & Discovery Science Center and the Poudre River Public Library District
  home : advanced search : preferences : favorites : order photographs : about : help    
 

August Rohling, c. 1911
August Rohling, c. 1911

Rohling & Ripley

The prosperity of Fort Collins is emphasized not only by the number, size and substantiality if its stores, but by its numerous successful and reliable merchants. A prominent and responsible firm in the city is that of Rohling & Ripley, who have commodious premises measuring 50x100 feet on the ground floor of the Rohling block, Nos. 125-27-31 Linden street. The business of the firm was established by the senior partner in the year 1892 and has from year to year steadily increased until now the firm has one of the largest trades in the city. The firm are dealers in dry goods, carpets, clothing, boots and shoes, trunks, valises, etc., employ eight clerks, have a very large stock and do very extensive trade of an excellent class. They are well known to deal only in first class merchandise and enjoy a reputation second to none in the city. The senior partner of the firm is Mr. Aug. L. Rohling, a native of Germany, who has been in this country for many years. He is prominent in fraternal circles, being a Mason, Oddfellow, K. P., and an Elk. His partner, Mr. Wm. Morris Ripley, is a native of Texas. Both are enterprising and successful merchants and are highly esteemed and public spirited citizens.

Davison's Dining Hall

This is a first-class restaurant and was recently opened. It supplied a long-felt want for a really first-class establishment of this kind and the marked success and large patronage since its initiation demonstrates alike the need of such a place and the excellency of the management. The Dining Hall is located at No. 149 North College avenue, measures 20x60 feet, is elegantly fitted with fine oak fixtures, contains 10 tables with a seating capacity for 50 guests and here supper and banquets are purveyed and served. The proprietor is Mr. J. Davidson, a native of New York. He is ably assisted by Mrs. Davidson, a native of Michigan. Both are old-timers in the business. Here everything is first-class and we find a number of capable and obliging employees. The premises are kept exceptionally clean, airy and tidy. The linen is spotlessly white, the help neat and attentive, the food and cooking excellent, and Mr. And Mrs. Davidson are to be congratulated on the thorough manner in which they started and equipped their already flourishing establishment.
Previous Next
Home : Policy : Museum : Library : Site Map : Contact Us  
The Archive at the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, 408 Mason Court, Fort Collins, Colorado, 80524, (970) 221-6688
©Copyright 1996-2012 City of Fort Collins, Colorado

Fort Collins Museum of Discovery          Poudre River Public Library District