Skip to content  Research : Exhibits : Quick Facts : Visit Archive : Site Map : Contact Us    
Fort Collins History Connection: an online collaboration of the Fort Collins Museum & Discovery Science Center and the Poudre River Public Library District
  home : advanced search : preferences : favorites : order photographs : about : help    
 

Tedmon House Hotel, C. 1900
Tedmon House Hotel, C. 1900

Tedmon House

This hotel is the resort of the professional man, the commercial man, the stockman and others visiting the city in search of health, wealth or pleasure. The "Tedmon" was established in the year 1880 and is a substantial building of three stories, containing 50 bed rooms, large dining room, spacious sample rooms, etc., and is fitted up with electric light and heated with hot water. The bed rooms are clean, comfortable, well aired, and well furnished and the building has recently been refitted throughout. This hotel which is located at the corner of Jefferson and Linden street, is the leading and largest hotel of the city and is supplied with every comfort and convenience the traveling public can demand. Although the hotel is within close and convenient distance from the depot, the proprietor provides a free bus which meets the arrival of all trains, and also takes the guests to the depot on their departure. The food is fine and wholesome, the cuisine is above objection, and the service at all times is excellent. Considering the accommodations, board and privileges, the rates are very reasonable, $2 per day being the usual rate, while special rates are granted to weekly and monthly guests. The proprietor of the hotel is Mr. W. H. Sholine, an old timer in the hotel business. He is ever courteous and attentive to the comforts of his patrons and is not only an excellent hotel keeper but a loyal citizen.

Lore E. Alford

In the line of trade of supreme importance in the finishing and healthy condition of our homes, it is gratifying to find such conspicuously keeping pace with the advance and progress of modern times. We refer to sanitary plumbing, in which connection we can find no representative in the city more worthy of notice than that of L. E. Alford, who has a large and commodious premises at No. 132 West Mountain avenue, and bought out his partner, Mr. John E. Brunais. On Feb. 1st. He does all kinds of sanitary plumbing, steam, hot water and hot air heating, galvanized iron work, etc., and although only in business For about a year has built up a good trade, and a reputation as a reliable and thorough tradesman. He has a number of capable employees and does a very steady and thriving trade. Mr. Alford is an Elk and a hard-working, practical tradesman, well worthy of the liberal patronage and good name enjoyed by him.
Previous Next
Home : Policy : Museum : Library : Site Map : Contact Us  
The Archive at the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, 408 Mason Court, Fort Collins, Colorado, 80524, (970) 221-6688
©Copyright 1996-2012 City of Fort Collins, Colorado

Fort Collins Museum of Discovery          Poudre River Public Library District