Sign for the Woelz Brothers Clothing Company, c. 1908
The Woelz Brothers Clothing Co.
No better illustration of the opportunities offered to business men of intelligence, enterprise and energy could be found in the ranks of the city's mercantile houses than that reflected by the phenomenal success of the Woelz Brothers' Clothing Company, the youngest and possibly most capable firm in its line in the city. Established about one year ago, this company has steadily forged ahead until now it must be considered a prominent and leading house. The company has large and commodious business premises measuring about 25x80 feet, located at No. 155 Linden street. The store is elegantly fitter with solid oak wall cases and clothing tables, and is the only one in the city with electric window displays and electric street signs operated by flasher. The company has a complete line of men's and boy's clothing and furnishings, hats and caps, shoes, trunks, valises, and make a specialty of high grade clothing, furnishings and shoes. The well known products of the famous clothing firm of Alfred Benjamin & Co., of New York. The Florsheim shoes and Wilson Brothers' furnishings are sold by this concern. The company has a number of employees, keep a strictly up-to-date store, has a very large and valuable stock, and does an extensive and ever increasing business. The partners of the company are Mr. Chris Woelz and Mr. Herman Woelz, natives of Germany, who came to this country in 1883 and for nearly twenty years prior to coming to Fort Collins, were connected with a large mercantile establishment in Grand Island, Nebraska. After due consideration of the various towns in the northern part of the state the brothers concluded that Fort Collins was IT, and their good judgement has been demonstrated by a success exceeding expectations. They are members of the Elks' Lodge, while Mr. Chris is affiliated with the K. P.'s. Both are bright, shrewd, courteous and honorable merchants whose successful efforts and laudable enthusiasm deserve the utmost commendation and auger well alike for their company and the city.
Nicol The Tailor
It is long since the Bard of Avon declared that apparel oft proclaims the man. It is gratifying to find in Fort Collins such a fashionable merchant tailoring establishment as that conducted by Mr. George A. Nicol, popularly known as "Nicol, the Tailor." Mr. Nicol has been in business for six years and has commodious premises located at No. 116 Trimble Court. He employs from four to eight experienced and first class tailors and has an extensive trade with the best class of patrons in the city and vicinity. Mr. Nicol is an expert and fashionable tailor and his patrons can at all times rely on goods exquisite in style and texture, perfect in fit and finish and of unsurpassed durability.
Mr. Nicol is conspicuous in fraternal circles and is a member of the W. O. W. and other societies. He is of decidedly frank and pleasing manner and is a popular and much esteemed citizen.